- LostCousins is totally free to 2 May 2011. This is probably the only web site that has virtually 100% accuracy in matching people who share the same ancestors. You do not waste time corresponding with people who are not related to you. To use LostCousins you need to have found relatives in one of these censuses: USA 1880; Canada 1881; Scotland 1881; Ireland 1911; England and Wales 1841, 1881 or 1911. Be sure to enter data for brothers and sisters of your direct ancestors, as it is their descendants who are most likely to have letters or photos from your line. Start by reading the LostCousins 'How-to' page. Remember to log in periodically, go to your 'My Ancestors' page and click 'Search'.
- Free access to Gale's historical newspaper and periodical collections, including more than 10 million digitised pages, to 24 April 2011.
- In honour of ANZAC Day, free access during this Easter long weekend to Ancestry's 40 million military records for Australia, New Zealand, UK, Canada and USA.
- Ancestry's England & Wales marriage indexes 1837-2005 are free to search to 30 April 2011.
- Until 5pm AEST 27 April 2011, order a New South Wales full certificate transcription for just $16.
22 April 2011
There are some interesting freebies and discounts available at present:
© Copyright, Judy Webster - 11:10
2 April 2011
Ros for nominating this blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. Now I am supposed to pass the award on to 15 other blogs that I have recently discovered. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Adventures in Family History
- Ancestors Gotta Eat!
- Australian Genealogy Journeys
- Australian Genealogy News
- Beyond Fiction
- Family History Across the Seas
- Family History Research
- Fiji Genealogy
- Hunting Ancestors
- Jenny's Genealogy Blog
- London Roots Research
- Lost in the Family Tree
- Porter Family Genealogy
- Twigs of Yore
- View from the Treehouse
© Copyright, Judy Webster - 07:05